Committed to a Safe and Healthy Educational Environment!
The paramount consideration of the Facilities Department is to provide a clean, safe, and healthy environment for the students and staff of the Hopewell Valley Regional School District while maintaining mechanically sound facilities conducive to the educational process.
HVRSD is committed to providing safe drinking water and encouraging the use of reusable containers!
As of September 7, 2019, Hopewell Valley Regional School District has 72 filtered bottle fill water stations! These filtered water stations are equipped with filter cartridges that are changed regularly. The filters not only provide great tasting water but remove contaminants from the water supply. They encourage the use of reusable water containers helping us to reduce the use of plastic water bottles.
Integrated Pest Management Plan for AthleticS Fields
The goal of an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) plan is to be site-specific and to use a "common sense approach" that provides the least toxic solution, whenever and wherever possible, to control weeds and pests on all fields and grounds.
Please read the information below to learn more about our plan.
- HVRSD IPM Plan for Athletics and Sports Fields (2018-2019)
- LABEL - BARRICADE FERTILIZER
- LABEL - ESCALADE 2 HERBICIDE
- LABEL - TRI-POWER HERBICIDE
- SAFETY DATA SHEET - BARRICADE FERTILIZER 902848
- SAFETY DATA SHEET - ESCALADE 2, 2018, 10 31 14 HERBICIDE
- SAFETY DATA SHEET - TRI-POWER HERBICIDE
Indoor Air Quality Plan
HVRSD has a very proactive approach to Indoor Air Quality issues. Please read the information below to learn more about our plan.
- 2019 - 2020 HVRSD Indoor Air Quality Plan (revised September 7, 2019)
- HVRSD Indoor Air Quality Concern Form
2017 HVRSD Water Testing for Lead
HVRSD is committed to protecting the health of the students and staff. Per this commitment and the NJ Department of Education regulations, all of the drinking water in our schools has been tested for lead. Testing was carried out using the technical guidelines of the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP). A total of 258 samples were taken from all drinking fountains and food preparation outlets across the district's schools. There were 4 outlets out of the 258 that tested as "actionable", as defined by the U.S. Dept. of Environmental Protection as (15 ug/1 [ppb]). These 4 outlets were immediately, and permanently, removed from service.
Please see the file links below for the complete results of the water testing for the lead that was completed in 2017 for all district schools. Each school has a printed copy of that specific school's results on file in the Main Office. It can be viewed, upon request, during regular business hours. Please contact Tom Quinn, Director of Facilities, at email: email@example.com, or phone: 609.737.4002, extension 2801, with any questions pertaining to this testing or the reports.
- 2017 CHS FIRST DRAW WATER TESTING FOR LEAD INFORMATION
- 2017 TMS FIRST DRAW WATER TESTING FOR LEAD INFORMATION
- 2017 BT FIRST DRAW WATER TESTING FOR LEAD INFORMATION
- 2017 HW FIRST DRAW WATER TESTING FOR LEAD INFORMATION
- 2017 SB FIRST DRAW WATER TESTING FOR LEAD INFORMATION
- 2017 TG FIRST DRAW WATER TESTING FOR LEAD INFORMATION